Tuesday, March 17, 2009

5 minutes/5 questions with Joey Pinkney

Posted on March 17th, 2009

5 Minutes, 5 Questions With… Paulette Harper, author of That Was Then, This Is Now: This Broken Vessel Restored

Joey Pinkney: Where did you get the idea and inspiration to write That Was Then, This Is Now: This Broken Vessel Restored?

Paulette Harper: I was inspired to write That Was Then, This Is Now by God. It was derived from actual events that took place in my life. I wanted to share with people how God restored my life spiritually and emotionally.

JP: What sets That Was Then, This Is Now: This Broken Vessel Restored apart from other novels in its genre?

PH: What sets That Was Then, This Is Now different from other novels is my sound reliance on biblical scriptures. That Was Then, This Is Now offers readers the reasons why and the solutions to many of the challenges we will face.

JP: As an author, what are the keys to your success that lead to That Was Then, This Is Now: This Broken Vessel Restored getting out to the public?

PH: Some of the keys to my success for That Was Then, This Is Now have been me knowing the market for which my book is trying to reach. This includes identifying people, groups and organization that will embrace my writing. I talk about That Was Then, This Is Now to everybody which has afforded me the opportunities to be on radio and television. I also try to stay connected to my readers my email, newsletters and by speaking and having book signing events.

JP: As an author, what is your writing process? How long did it take for you to start and finish That Was Then, This Is Now: This Broken Vessel Restored?

PH: When I starting writing That Was Then, This Is Now, it began with the titles of each chapter and I built my stories around those titles. For example chapter 1 Built To Stand- Though It All in this chapter I share with my readers the personal challenges that I faced and how certain scriptures helped me cope with and eventually overcome those challenges and gain spiritually victory. I started writing That Was Then, This Is Now in January 2007 and completed my manuscript in March of the same year. Tate Publishing offered me a contract in April 2007.

JP: What’s next for Paulette Harper?

PH: I have several projects that I’m working on. I’ve started writing my next book Completely Whole another inspirational book which will be released next year. I’m launching a new radio show called “Broken & Restored “ and will be starting “Write Now” workshops to help other inspiring writers and authors.

No comments: