Friday, October 28, 2011

Welcome Amanda to Empowered to Prosper

Tell us about your upcoming book.
My new release, Lonely Hearts, is a sweet Christian romance about one lonely mother, two matchmaking kids, and three eligible bachelors. Oh yes. And apple pie!

When Becky Callis moves to a new town, she had no intention of becoming romantically involved. Her children, on the other hand, think she’s been lonely far too long, and decide to take matters into their own hands.

Choices range from handsome cowboy, Scott Boone; local preacher, Jack; or rough around the edges rancher, Pearce Morgan. It doesn’t take long before her children find thatTrue love is harder than it looks!

Have you published anything previously?
Thank you for asking! Yes, Lonely Hearts is my second romance novel. My first, The Price of Trust, was released in May 2010. If any of your readers are interested, they can get a sneak peek here.

When did you know you wanted to write?
To be one hundred percent honest, I’ve just always written. I never thought or even considered writing professionally as it was something I just loved to do. When I finished my first, full length book, The Price of Trust, I was excited and told my husband about it. He asked what I was planning on doing with it, and I said printing it out and hiding it away until our kids were older. He asked me to try to have it published, and the rest is history. Since then, I’ve been hooked!

What made you decide to write romance?
I am an incurable romantic. There’s just something about reading how a couple come together that makes me sigh and dream. But, with that said, I’m not one for edgy or graphic books. I’m super picky about what I read, so if it’s inappropriate for my children to read, it’s not in my house.

Do you keep a writing schedule?
I suppose I’m rather eclectic in that matter. I find my best writing comes when everyone is in bed and I can let my imagination run free.

What do you do when you’re not writing?
I’m either homeschooling our children, sewing, or reading a book to review.

Name your three favorite books.
My three favorite books would have to be Jane Eyre, Pride & Prejudice, and 101 Dalmatians. When I was growing up, I absolutely tore my paperback copy of 101 Dalmatians up.

Name your three favorite authors.
Jane Austen, Charlotte Bronte, Charles Dickens, and C.S. Lewis. Just to name a few…

What’s coming up in your writing future?
My Christian romance/suspense series was just picked up by TreasureLine Publishing, so we’re super excited about that! At this point, it’s a three book series, but a fourth is possible.

The first book in the series, Choosing to Love, is about a young woman that is tricked into marrying the wrong man. Book Two continues the saga in – Intent to Harm, and Book Three – Death by Obituary wraps up the story.

You can usually find Amanda lurking in several online places at once like her


Facebook fan page http://www.facebook.com/thepriceoftrust


her Facebook author page http://www.facebook.com/creativehomemomma


Twitter http://www.twitter.com/amandastephan


her website http://www.booksbyamanda.com or http://www.thepriceoftrust.com


or her personal blog http://authoramanda.blogspot.com

No comments: