Monday, October 10, 2016

#MONDAYMOTIVATIONAL #INSPIRATION #EMPOWERMENT


“Life’s victories are achieved when a person looks at obstacles as nothing more than opportunities and those opportunities become limitless”.

Just like a child growing up in life, you have expectation and plans that usually don’t include bruises and bumps in the road. But I found that even when the bumps, scars and the bruise of life hit your home, life and ministry, God has a plan and purpose to make something good out of the worse situations.

Here is my story. I was forced into singlehood after a 23-year marriage failed. I was pushed into a world unprepared for me and I for it. Twelve of those years I was married to a pastor.

Was I having a bad dream or was it true that my life was headed for a 180 degree turn, a turn in which I was clueless how to maneuver because I was not in control. How was I going to make it through one of my worst nightmares? But it wasn’t a nightmare; I was facing reality, a reality I so desperately wanted to avoid.

My will power played an important part in my overcoming every challenge, setback and all the odds that were against me. Depression, loss, uncertainty and anxiety awaited me every day. Not to mention thoughts of suicide continued to plague my mind.

Where on earth will I get the strength to keep pressing forward when the desire to die many times outweighed the desire to live?

It doesn’t matter how many blows have come, how many scars, cuts or bruises you have, God has fixed the fight, and you win! Some of the blows have intensified, oh, I know the enemy has launched his best attack on you, your ministry, your family, but you can make it. Regardless of what you see and what people have said, or how you feel, you are and will always be a winner.

Here is Gods promise. “I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.” (Jeremiah 29:11)

2016 © Paulette Harper @pauletteharper 
Award winning, best-selling author of


No comments: