Monday, July 29, 2019

#VIRTUALBOOKTOUR #EverythingsBetterWithKimberly #LucyEden #HonMagPR #NEWBOOKALERT

EVERYTHING’S BETTER WITH KIMBERLY BY LUCY EDEN

Keeping their relationship strictly professional for the sake of their jobs was the perfect excuse to stay away from each other. Too bad fate and undeniable chemistry have other plans…
What happens when fate or dumb luck keeps throwing two workaholics, who’ve sworn off love, together in one of the most beautiful places on the planet?

Kimberly Simmons is gorgeous, brilliant, and way out of my league. She’s definitely not the type to fall for a guy who walked away from his family's fortune to become an architect. Good thing, too, because she works for Wolfe Industries, making her completely off-limits. Nailing this pitch to Wolfe’s CEO is exactly what I need to make my bosses forget about the last time I mixed business with pleasure.

Too bad she has the most beautiful brown eyes and dazzling smile I’ve ever seen. Too bad I can’t stop staring.

Adam Price is a talented rising star architect at Will and Peking Designs. His newest design submission for The Wolfe Industries Caribbean Expansion is set to dazzle my CEO. If Adam's design wins, with my help, I could get promoted, which means his big strong arms and gorgeous lips are strictly forbidden. It’s a good thing, too, because he has a reputation for leaving a trail of broken hearts all over Manhattan and I’m pretty sure I couldn't survive a second heartbreak.

Too bad every word he says makes me smile. Too bad he gives me a sense of calm I haven't felt in a long time.

Keeping their relationship strictly professional for the sake of their jobs was the perfect excuse to stay away from each other. Too bad fate and undeniable chemistry have other plans…

This standalone, workplace/forced proximity romance features characters from the previous novellas Everything’s Better With You and Cherishing the Goddess, is full of alphas and steam, and has NO cheating.

 

EXCERPT

“Too hot?” he asked. I shook my head and he slowly lowered me into the water. “I’ll grab your tea. Anything else?” 
I shook my head again and leaned back sinking into the water up to my shoulders. I piled my hair on top of my head and fastened it with a tie. When he came back into the bathroom with my tea he was wearing a smile and nothing else. He slid behind me in the giant tub and I leaned back into his chest.
“Feel better?” He kissed my neck.
“Yeah, actually. Why is that?” 
Adam chuckled and pointed to a bag of Epsom salts on the side of the tub. “I use it after long runs and workouts.” 
“You didn’t use it earlier.”
“I was distracted by the worst burglar ever.” 
I turned to face him, splashing water over the side of the tub in the process. “Burglars steal things.” I wrapped my arms around his neck.
“What makes you think you didn’t steal something?” He bit his lip and grinned at me. 
“You’re lucky you’re so handsome because that was a terrible line.” I kissed him slowly and deeply, drawing his bottom lip between mine and sucking gently.
“Princess, if you’re looking for a break from sex, this is not how you get it,”



Character Interview

QPlease tell the readers who are the main characters?

 The main characters in Everything's Better With Kimberly are Kimberly Simmons, an intelligent, career driven, 24 year old, junior project manager looking advance in her company & Adam Price, a talented and equally driven, 29 year old, architect looking to use his talent to outrun the shadow of his powerful family and past misdeeds.

QWhat or is there conflict in the story?

Externally Adam & Kimberly struggle to maintain a professional distance because it may affect their ability to do (or possibly keep) their jobs.
Internally, Adam and Kimberly have issues from their past that prevent them from fully opening themselves to the possibility of real love. 

QWhich characters in “are you most like?
I would say I'm the most like Kimberly. I relate very much to her anxiety disorder. Though, I do wish I was as organized as she was. I am not. 

Q. Take us inside “your book” What are two major events 
taking place?

One major event takes place in the first chapter. Kimberly has an anxiety attack on a business flight and is coached through it by a  handsome stranger that she discovers is the architect with whom she was assigned to work.
Another major event is when in the aftermath of a tropical storm, Kimberly and Adam bond while volunteering at storm shelter.

QAre your characters from the portrayal of real people?

Kimberly and Adam are completely fabricated but the characters of Kimberly's mother and aunt are a composite of my mother and her two best friends.

Q. Describe each character in three words? 

 Adam - nurturer, joker, lover
Kimberly - patience, inspiration, strength
Cole Simmons - Wise, Understanding, Troubled
Dr. Beverly Simmons - Wise, Generous, Loving
Aunt Patrice - Down to Earth
Vittoria Widnicki - Powerful, Ambitious, Smart 

Q. If your book became a movie who would play the characters? 
Kimberly - Zoe Saldana
Adam - Chris Evans 
Dr. Beverly Simmons - Angela Bassett
Judge Reginald Simmons - Courtney B. Vance
Aunt Patrice - Jennifer Lewis
Cole Simmons - Liam Hemsworth

Q.  Your lead characters have “baggage” that keeps them from wanting to pursue a new relationship. Do you think sometimes we let our past get in the way of what God has planned for our futures?

Absolutely, Kimberly one experience with a relationship completely shaped the way she viewed potential relationships which is why Adam had to work extra hard to convince her otherwise.
Adam's fear of opening his heart and abandonment led him to avoid all relationships until he realized Kimberly was worth the risk.
Experience is the best teachers, but even teachers can be mistaken from time to time. 

Q. How do you see yourself in your character’s story, if at all?

Yes, I relate to Kimberly anxiety and need for order. I also relate to
 Adam's fear of being vulnerable. 

AVAILABLE ON

AMAZON US | AMAZON UK | AMAZON CA | AMAZON AU

 

CLICK TO ADD ON GOODREADS

LISTEN TO PLAYLIST

 

Lucy Eden is giving away a Everything's Better With Kimberly SWAG Box:

1- Sterling Beachfront Paradise Mug
1- Signed Paperback copy of Everything's Better With Kimberly
1- $10 Amazon Gift Card Bookmark
1- Mega Bathbomb
1- Assortment of Butter Cookies

Click to Enter

 

ABOUT LUCY EDEN

Lucy Eden is the nom de plume of a romance obsessed author who writes the kind of romance she loves to read. She’s a sucker for alphas with a soft gooey center, over the top romantic gestures, strong & smart MCs, humor, love at first sight (or pretty damn close), happily ever afters & of course, dirty & steamy love scenes.
When Lucy isn’t writing, she’s busy reading—or listening to—every book she can get her hands on— romance or otherwise.
She lives & loves in New York with her husband, two children, a turtle & a Yorkshire Terrier.

 

CONNECT WITH LUCY EDEN

No comments: