Friday, August 9, 2019

#VIRTUALBOOKTOUR @wllbooktours #NewBookAlert #Womanish #AngeliaVernonMenchan #JustLove #HonMagPR





WOMANISH: AN ANTHOLOGY




Womanish, the Ish Women Survive...

Womanish: An Anthology is a no holds barred look at the things women endure and survive. This collection is an honest and revealing look at the ‘ish’ Black Women come through... marriage, family, abuse, sexual trauma and LOVE, ultimately. There are seven disparate voices, sharing and revealing to heal, themselves and others.

Angelia Vernon Menchan, Jevia’l Allen, Laduann, Nadine Singleton, Shawn’e Jackson, Shawntey Alfreda and Tiffany Towns.

AVAILABLE ON


AMAZON








EXCERPT


On Being Married

Angelia Vernon Menchan

For years I have been asked to write about marriage. I guess in large part because I have been married more forty years and I love my husband and my marriage. I am also prone to sharing snippets on social media about marriage.

However, I did not become truly convinced I had anything to say  until I sat in a room with several women who bared their hearts to me and listened as I shared mine and that made me realize my marriage was part of my ministry…

Before we jumped the broom, I knew we often get what we allow. I made it clear at the gate that no one was disrespecting or beating me. There were myriad other things we discussed like infidelity, talking about our business with others, especially family members and even borrowing money. I felt borrowing money from people, especially parents gave them too much leverage in your business. Unless it was life or death, no borrowing. We had to own ourselves and if we were grown enough to marry we were grown enough to BE married. It has served us well. 






ABOUT ANGELIA VERNON MENCHAN


Angelia Vernon Menchan... Woman. Author. Publisher. Mentor.



CONNECT WITH ANGELIA VERNON MENCHAN


AUTHOR SITE | FACEBOOKTWITTER | INSTAGRAM | BOOKBUB | AMAZON AUTHOR PAGE



No comments: