Thursday, November 7, 2019

#BEHINDTHESCENES AUTHOR INTERVIEW A TIME TO LIVE by Megan Fatheree #CHRISTIAN #ROMANCE #SUSPENSE @wnlbooktours


Behind the Scenes Author Interview

Featuring Megan Fatheree




Hello Megan, Welcome to Nothing But Books Blog.

When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?

I think I've always realized it, even if it was subconsciously. As a child, I wrote stories and had complex story-lines that I used when playing with my dolls and toys. I've always liked controlling the plot of games and I always look at how I would have written things differently from what I'm reading or watching. Mostly, I think I loved books so much that something in me just had to write them. 

What was the hardest scene to write in this book?

The hardest scene to write in this book was, surprisingly, the final showdown. It was difficult to really narrow down how it should go and who should attempt what kinds of things. It took a solid two weeks to write that one scene. 

Did you hide any secrets in your book that only a few people will find?

As a writer, it's my job to think through everything down to the littlest details. There are several little details that I think not everyone will see, but they enhance the story. There's also a few nods to other things I like to read or watch. If you guys can find those, I'll be your friend for life. 

What is your writing Kryptonite?

I will be completely honest. I'm in everything for the “ships”. For those non-fangirl/fanboy people reading this, I will explain. A ship is not just a boat floating along in the ocean. No, no, no. It is also a relationship that you approve of so much you just want those two characters to get together at the end. I attempt to write these kinds of relationships – ones where you will all love that they're in love. That's my Kryptonite: love. 


What was the inspiration (motivation) behind the book? (Why did you write the book?)
This trilogy (For Such A Time) came out of a time of prayer and Bible study on the book of Esther. I have always loved Esther, but after deeper study with a group of fabulous church friends, God gave me the inspiration and storyline to write this series.
Who (or what) is your greatest encourager when you write and why?
I have two great encouragers. The first is a fellow writer who reads my work and encourages me on what I've done right and what could be better. The second is actually my little sister. As a child, she had a terrible time reading and writing (she's better now), but she always takes time to read my works and she happens to love them. The very idea that my stories may be something that can even get through to those who don't like to read keeps me going some days.
Any tips for upcoming authors?
I have 2 tips I try to live by: 1 – Never give up. Someone needs your story. No matter how it feels now, someone needs what you have inside and no one can tell it quite like you. 2 – don't write for others, write the story you want to read. People can tell if this was a passion project or if it was out of what you thought was “necessary” for people to like it. Icons and heroes aren't people pleasers.
How can readers connect with you?
I love this question! If you're on Twitter or Instagram, you can find me at the handle @mef_writer1 – or you can email me (contact.mfbooks@gmail.com)!
What genre is your book?
Romantic Suspense. (Let me “side note” for a minute – I'm a sucker for romance, but I need the suspense too. It's a thing with me. Join me!)



Amazon: Purchase a copy

Connect Socially 

No comments: