Monday, July 23, 2012

Featuring Author Rhachelle Nicol



Many times we focus on all the reasons why we can’t do something.  “I’m behind on the bills.” Or a very common reason, “I don’t have the time”.  These limiting thoughts will do just that, limit you.  They will keep you behind on your bills and out of time, pushing your dreams further and further away.  I made every excuse in the book to self-sabotage all my dreams and aspirations.  The truth was, I was afraid.  But today, I celebrate a dream being fulfilled.  It has been a year since Sunday Mourning was published.  I thought I would never take the step to complete what God had started in me.  My goal is not to make it look easy, but reassure you that it is possible.

The other day as I was sitting at my desk, a scripture hit me.   “And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.  And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.  Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world.” Matthew 28:17-20.  The promise in that scripture alone makes any situation or circumstance seem so small.

I thank God that he placed people in my life along this journey to encourage me, motivate me and keep me inspired.  I also thank God for my 5 little cheerleaders.  My children have been my greatest motivation, they deserve the world and I am going to do my best to give it to them.  There have been so many reasons for me to give up, but I thank God for giving me just one to hold on.

Sunday Mourning became more than just a memoir over this past year, but a vision that allowed me to extend my reach, share my message and help others do the same.  “I show my scars so that others can heal”, a message I used to sign each book, has not been transformed into a shirt.  “I can, I will, I am…We, can, We will, We are…with God all things are possible”.  Someone is waiting for you to hold on to that one promise that God has told you.   So this is what I want you to do next:

1.  Write those dreams down; an unwritten vision is still a dream until you take a pen to a paper.

2.  Even if it’s just one word, write it down, meditate on it and revisit it as often as you must until you receive clarity.

3.  Then by all means, act on it.  Do whatever you can and believe that your help is on the way.

I know it may sound easy, but you and I both know it takes work.  I don’t know about you, but I’ve lost a lot and I am on the road to recovery, believing God for double for my trouble.  I thank God for taking my mourning and giving me joy.

We have work to do…let’s go!!!

No comments: