Sunday, September 3, 2017

#VIRTUALBOOKTOUR But My Soul is Black by Terrell Williams #NEWBOOKALERT #ROMANCE #FICTION @wnlbooktours



Hello. I’m Excited. This is one of my stops during the month tour for But My Soul Is Black by Terrell Williams. This virtual book tour is organized by Write Now Literary Book Tours. This tour runs September 4-29, 2017. Follow the tour here.  Book your own tour here WNL   

ISBN-10: 150069312X

ISBN-13: 978-1500693121

ASIN: B074TCQJDD

Genre: Fiction/Romance



Terrell Williams began life as the 2nd eldest son of 9 children (4 girls and 5 boys) and was reared in less than affluent circumstances. The second in his immediate family to graduate from college, he went on to marry a wonderful woman, and who eventually became the proud parents of 4 children (3 girls and 1 son who is also his namesake).

Mr. Williams enjoys reading and writing poetry, and he has written several plays that have been performed and were well received in Texas. The idea for his debut novel, But my Soul Is Black, lay dormant for many years until Mr. Williams finally finished the novel upon his retirement, fulfilling his dream of becoming a published author. His romantic tale tackles controversial topics such as interracial relationships, generational differences of conceptual thinking about life and love. This novel seeks to remind the readers of the interconnectedness we share as humans, as well as showing that truly, love transcends all!





But My Soul is Black, takes a candid look at interracial romance and the human experience. The book reveals the cultural misperceptions that harm us, and the love that heals us.












How did I come up with the idea for this story? I wanted to write something controversial, something that would provoke serious conversations, and something that was relevant.



What makes me inspired to write? When someone does something inspiring, whether it is a self-less act, a heroic act, if it’s a wrong that needs to be corrected, a problem that needs to be solved. These are inspirational things to write about.


Tell you about my writing process?  Do I outline or am I a seat of the pants writer? I would say I am an “outliner” type writer for consistency and continuity’s sake, but then I rely on inspiration.


What is my favorite scene in the book?  Why? I had several, but I guess the most intense for me, was the tremendous inner conflict Bobby experienced, the moment he had to come to the harsh realization that he had actually, fallen in love with his best friend’s lady.  He had to decide whether to take what could be called the moral high ground, or follow the beat of his heart.  I think the reader will empathize with the inner struggle he has to go through, before finally making his decision.


What is the best piece of advice I would give to anyone that wants to get into writing? I would say, write for yourself, not for fame or fortune.  Let your writing be a true expression of your gift and your feelings, so at the end, regardless of your success or lack thereof, you will be satisfied that you left your personal mark here on earth that represents you and the fruit of your efforts which no one can take from you.


What do I have in store next for my readers? Possibly a sequel if this book reaches a level of mass acceptance.  Also I have in mind a book dealing with social consciousness.

Describe my book in three words? Intriguing, inspiring, and engaging.




Facebook| Twitter

No comments: