Sunday, July 7, 2019

#VIRTUALBOOKTOUR #NEWBOOKALERT OF BUBBLES, BUDDHA AND BUTTERFLIES BY DR. TANYA BEAUBRUN #NONFICTION





Write Now Literary is pleased to be organizing a two-week book tour for Of Bubbles, Buddha and Butterflies by Dr. Tanya Beaubrun. The book tour will run July 8-19, 2019. Book a tour here.
            
Genre: Non-Fiction

ISBN-10: 1483497313
ISBN-13: 978-1483497310        
            MEET DR. TANYA BEAUBRUN

As the creator of the Body Joy Process, Dr. Tanya Beaubrun empowers people with her simple, yet powerful message: Take exquisite care of yourself, respect the choices you make, and tune into healing from the inside out. Tanya’s passionate about bringing the heart and soul back into the practice of Medicine.
A Family Physician specializing in Functional and Integrative Medicine, as well as a certified Wellness & Lifestyle Empowerment Coach, Motivational Speaker and Author, she has dedicated her career to helping people feel their best in their bodies so they can live happy and healthy lives and rediscover their Body Joy.
A graduate of the University of the West Indies, she has spent most of her career in Private Practice, and advocates a holistic approach to well-being, incorporating mind, body, spirit practices so people can connect more deeply to themselves and their truth.
She holds a Degree in Alternative Medicine and is Board Certified in Functional, Anti-Aging, and Regenerative Medicine. She is a certified Reiki Master and has obtained an Integrative Health Coaching Certification from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition (IIN), as well as a certification under Gabrielle Bernstein’s Levels 1 and 2 Spirit Junkie Master Class.
Tanya has been featured in The Huffington Post, Thrive Global, Lissa Rankin’s Owning Pink website, as well as several popular podcasts, including EOFire with John Lee Dumas. As an author, she’s contributed to the Amazon bestselling books, 365 Moments of Grace and 365 Life Shifts.  With her unique blend of Western medicine, Lifestyle coaching, and Integrative health, she’s distinguished herself as a Women’s Wellness Warrior; with a dream of starting a movement geared towards empowering women to lead full, vibrant and authentic lives.
Despite all this, she feels her most important role has been as a wife and mother of 3. 

              ABOUT THE BOOK

Author Tanya Destang-Beaubrun has always known that her calling was to heal, nurture, and care for her fellow human beings; it has always been a deep, unwavering conviction at her core. And so she became a family physician who put patients first, treating their bodies, minds, and spirits. In Of Bubbles, Buddha, and Butterflies, Dr. Destang-Beaubrun chronicles the changes that have occurred in her life since she decided to follow her heart and pursue her dreams. She presents a series of essays and narratives written during the four-year period after she left her thriving Western medical practice and immersed herself in the study of integrative and functional medicine. Destang-Beaubrun recalls her breakdowns, breakthroughs, fears, and faith as she navigated her way to a new way of living, learning, and loving. This collection of personal essays on bravery, trust, and faith shares one woman’s insights and life lessons as she shifted from traditional medical practice to something more. 

                                                                        EXCERT

As I sat and took in the breathtaking scenery of the October Fall foliage, my heart was filled with gratitude. Attending this retreat was the fulfillment of a long held dream. 
I knew that at some point we would all have to tell our life story. And I was ready to tell mine. The story that, after twenty years of practicing Family Medicine, I'd realized that I was not happy with how healthcare was being delivered and felt the burning desire to offer my patients something more to optimize their wellness by integrating health of body, mind and spirit. 
As a Family Physician, I already took care of their bodies. 
As a newly certified Health Coach I thought I would take care of their minds. 
At this retreat, I would be taught how care for the Spirit. 
Over the years, I'd listened to many a life story, held many hands and wiped away so many tears. 
That night, as I sat in the midst of our group healing circle, and the meditative music began, my tears flowed freely. I cried for all the patients I'd been unable to save. Had I failed as a doctor? 
I cried for all the times I had missed being present for my family. Had I failed as a wife and mother? 






How did you come up with ideas for this book?

The title has been sitting around in my head for a few years. I love butterflies and always go in search of Buddha statues. One day, whilst on a family vacation, I dragged my kids into another store “just to look” at the Buddha statues on display. In a fit of frustration, my older son turned to me and send … “Look at you. You’re all about Buddha and Butterflies”
My nickname is Bubbles, so I turned to him with a smile and said “Yes. I’m all about Bubbles, Buddha and Butterflies “and then promptly decided that would make an excellent title for a book.
So once I decided to compile my essays and new pieces, I knew that it would have to be under that title. 
 What do you hope readers will learn/discover from reading your book?
I hope that my readers will see themselves in my stories.
I’ve told them as authentically as possible in the hope that something they read will encourage them to go after their dreams, as well as realizing that we’re all not perfect but it is up to us to take ownership of our lives. We all have the power to change our lives and to change our minds too.
What inspired you to write this book?
These stories were written at a time in my life when I’d decided to leave the comfort of my home in St. Lucia, and move to the USA to return to school. It was a difficult time, but deep down I knew it was something I had to do.
One of the ways I would process what was happening was to write out my feelings. Oftentimes, these essays would simply pour fourth and I’d find myself writing them on whatever I had on hand so as to not miss the moment. I always tried to keep pen and notepads nearby.
What’s next for you?
Believe it or not, I began writing another book a few years ago. But it seemed that this one wanted to be birthed before. I think I’ll allow myself some down time and enjoy this first book baby, but the half-written one will call me soon I’m sure.
So for the next few months, I’ll enjoy this time with this new “baby”, watching her grow and develop.
Excluding your own, name 3 books you would recommend to your friends:
 Big Magic – Elizabeth Gilbert
The Universe Has Your Back – Gabby Bernstein
The Gifts of Imperfection – Brene Brown
These have all inspired me in some ways, to go after my dreams, to become less fearful , to lean on my faith and intuition, as well as recognize there is a Higher Power guiding our lives.

Among all the books that you have read, which of these have significantly contributed to your writing style?

Elizabeth Gilbert’s Big Magic – in which she states that our creations will come forth no matter what and it is up to us to be open to birthing them. Otherwise they may choose someone else to be birthed from.
I know that this book had been incubating for a while, and at exactly the right time, it came forth.

 3 things you never leave home without?
 Hand sanitizer - what can I say? I’m a Virgo…
Essential oils – peppermint to revitalize me, or if I’ve eaten badly will soothe my tummy.
A snack – some nuts or fruit. As a Physician my day can easily get out of control. Once I have these on hand, I can take a moment to easily replenish my energy 



CONNECT SOCIALLY



PURCHASE A COPY

BARNES & NOBLE                                       AMAZON













No comments: