Welcome to Nothing But Books
Today is Tuesday Tips
Editor and Writer Paulette Nunlee
Paulette Nunlee is the president of Five Star Proofing, an editing company that provides copy editing and proofreading services for writers and small business communications.
Nunlee began proofreading as a side function while holding many positions with AT&T during a thirty-five year career. Her experiences included stints in corporate communications and public affairs. After retiring she began editing news articles and press releases and has currently edited twenty fiction and three non-fiction manuscripts for award-winning writers.
Her love of reading and the written word made her penchant for catching misspellings stand out, and she was constantly called on to take a last look before documents were released for final publishing. She recognizes the challenges faced by writers and strives to ensure the work that she reviews enhances their very best efforts.
General relative experience information:
• Retired 35 years telecommunications executive, including ten years in public relations, event planning and media creation
• Eighteen years experience editing news articles and press releases for a public relations firm; written and graphic communications for consultants and small businesses
• two years as virtual assistant to a healthcare provider administrator: written communications, customer contacts, calendar maintenance, weekly reports
• Two years experience proofreading fiction and non-fiction manuscripts: 28 fiction; 4 non-fiction
• One year experience as associate editor for SORMAG magazine.