Monday, June 30, 2014

#SeasonsOfMySoul Virtual Book Tour by Delmar Johnson #NEWRLEASE #NONFICTION #INSPIRATIONAL








Author | Speaker | HR Consultant | Career Coach 

Delmar Johnson, MA With over 10 years of experience working with big corporations, small business owners and new entrepreneurs, human resource guru and visionary Delmar Johnson founded the brand HR Brain for Hire™ as a trusted and resourceful solution for first time employers in need of affordable, efficient, and top notch recruitment, training and HR services. Delmar’s personal story, which includes multiple layoffs, life challenges, and her own dive into entrepreneurship, gives her a perfect mix of formal knowledge and “real life” experience that she pours into each client and their unique needs. Under her latest brand iReboot 
Careers, Delmar also has an unconditional passion for women in career transition and enjoys coaching and sharing her time and knowledge with organizations, non profit groups and individuals who simply need a little guidance and a plan in their career job preparedness. 

In offering solutions, interactive workshops, and professional development training, Delmar’s goal is two-fold, 1) to offer value-added solutions to women-owned business owners, positioning them as an” employer of choice” through the establishing of HR tools, standards and systems; and 2) to equip women to design 
their own career path by connecting who they are authentically to what they do to serve the world. 

Delmar is the Author of the newly released book Seasons of My Soul: Lessons Learned in a Dry Place and co-author of The Power of Collaboration in Business, she has been featured in The Working Mother Magazine, The Business 101 Magazine, and The Little Pink Book Magazine; and featured on the Black Butterfly Media TV and Blog Talk Radio. 


Tell us about your book?

Seasons of My Soul is about overcoming and having the tenacity to keep moving forward, even at times when I felt there was little hope to get through being unstuck, struggling with depression, toxic relationships and financial failures. It speaks of the lessons I learned as I got on the other side of each of those experiences and pass any shame or embarrassment that was illuminated in my own mind.

How did you come up with ideas for this book?

It all came from me journaling for so many years and I saw writing this book as another way of journaling; only this time I allowed others to join me along the ride with more intimate details of what was in my mind, heart and soul as I journeyed through times in my life that had a significant impact.

What was the most difficult aspect of writing this book? 

I found the most difficult part of writing the book was remembering the parts that left emotional and mental scars. Going back to some experiences had me right back in the moment as though it was happening in that moment of writing about it. However once it was written down it no longer held any power. 

Why do you write? 

Writing for me has always been therapeutic. I've been writing by way of journaling thoughts for more than 15 years. And I picked up that habit once I moved out of town from my family and friends to pursue my career. 

Who are your favorite authors? 

I actually don't have a particular favorite author, however I do like books written from a spiritual, personal and professional development point of view, and some of those authors from that genre that I enjoy include, TD Jakes, Joyce Meyers, John Maxwell, and Rick Warren; also, Napoleon Hill, Jay Levinson, 
Steven Covey 

What books have most influenced your life most? 

Besides the Bible, I would say, Battlefield of The Mind by Joyce Meyers, Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren No Matter What by Lisa Nichols, and Repositioning by TD Jakes
If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor? 

If I had to choose, it would be TD Jakes, because I enjoy how he pulls the spiritual and real life matters together, creating a visual picture of what he talks about and how it resonates with the reader within as you apply the principles and lessons in your own life. 
What book are you reading now? 

I am currently reading Instinct: The Power to Unleash Your Inborn Drive by T.D. Jakes and I Declare: 31 Promises to Speak Over Your Life by Joel Osteen 

What valuable lessons do you want readers to learn from your book? 

The lessons I believe readers will be able to take from this book is, (1) that you don't have to stay in the place in which you have fallen, (2) that there is absolute power in forgiving and letting go 
of past hurts, and (3) that it's important to surround yourself with people that support you to renew within you a sense of hope 

Any advice to give to aspiring writers? 

To not give up and get organized. Write by creating some structure around it including, writing an outline of thoughts, use color note-cards of the potential topics and what points you want to write about each point, schedule your writing time and stick to it. Additionally, begin building a platform prior to finishing and 
launching your book; this helps to create momentum among your current and potential audience. 


Visit the author online at:

Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/delmar.johnson1

Website: www.delmarjohnson.com

LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/delmarjohnson1

Twitter: @Rebootologist Hash-Tag: #SeasonsOfMySoul

Amazon Author’s Page: http://amzn.com/e/B00L3G168K







2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for sharing Seasons of My Soul and myself with your audience. I'm excited and grateful to be here on Empowered to Prosper. I hope the followers of this awesome blog enjoys learning about the book and I'm definitely open to engage with any reader/follower who would like to know more.

Faith ABeliever~ FAB Virtual Tours said...

Thank you for hosting #FABVTours Author Delmar Johnson #SeasonsOfMySoul and sharing her gift with your blog community. ~Faith ABeliever~FAB Virtual Tours